Monday, March 07, 2005

Highlands

Woodlot Pruning
With sunny skies and high temps, I spent a few hours at the Highlands pruning the trees. In the time it took me to prune five rows the last time, I only got one row finished Sunday. There were more hardwood trees, more brambles and a few larger trees with difficult cuts. I was going to go back today, but it rained, got cold and I had errands.

I followed a link and discovered that the Highlands is located in the 25th most desirable rural county in the US of A, according to Progressive Farmer. Now this surprised me somewhat as there are definite reasons why we did not build on this land - school systems, racial intolerance, unkempt homesteads. Although DeKalb County has some upscale places and is the home of the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum and one of the world's largest antique auto auctions.

No comments: