Monday, January 07, 2008

Stick a finger in my eye

What I've been doing: Cross my heart. Hope to die. Stick my finger in my eye.
What I solemnly swore as a child: Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.
Most likely the origin: Cross my heart and may I die, if I so much as tell a lie.

In fact, I have been sticking my middle finger in my eye ten times each day since Thursday. I'm getting contacts this morning and training the reflexes in my eyes.

I use reading glasses, but my eye exam showed a very significant change in distance vision also. So I tried on about ten thousand pairs of glasses, before deciding on a pair that definitely made a statement. Then we talked about bifocals with or without a line. Then I realized I needed some type of sunglasses. It was getting more and more expensive, so I finally said, "What about contacts?"

This afternoon I should be able to see the birds in the trees and bushes around our feeder!

2 comments:

Kylee Baumle said...

Good luck with your contacts! I got my eyes checked a couple of weeks ago and I go in the morning to pick up my new glasses. I used to wear contacts, but they were just too uncomfortable because my eyes tend to be dry and I don't blink enough either. I want to see a picture of you in your new ones, making a statement! :-)

Earth Girl said...

I didn't buy glasses, just contacts. I made it through two days so far.